GCCC 2007 Nurses
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GCCC 2007 Nurses

A PLACE FOR THE GCCC NURSING CLASS OF 2007 TO GATHER AND ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

overwhelmed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kmostrom

kmostrom

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-06

overwhelmed? Empty
PostSubject: overwhelmed?   overwhelmed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:49 pm

Anyone having feelings of being overwhelmed. Six patients feels like nothing but chaos. I helped take care of a nephrectomy patient today, with four others completely on my own. I have the fear that with patients that critical I am going to miss something and really cause someone harm. Sorry I just had to vent. Just wondering if anyone has the same fears?javascript:emoticonp('confused')
Back to top Go down
norma

norma

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-06-07

overwhelmed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: overwhelmed?   overwhelmed? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 11:32 pm

Sleep My preceptor is awsome. I have only had one pt and she has gone through everything from giving blood to drains and different types of patients difficult ones but on my own. she has explained everything in detail. she said that what is the use of giving me too many pts when I will not know how to take care of them properly and when it is time to go on my own I will be ready. I will have two next week and three the next. I dont know if that is good or bad. but I guess I will find out and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Danelle
Admin
Danelle

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-06-06

overwhelmed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: overwhelmed?   overwhelmed? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 10:49 am

I have told you Kimmy, my preceptors teaching style and my learning style do not click at all so I feel ya on being overwhelmed. We are supposed to have one labor at a time to concentrate on and since we are so short staffed we end up with 3 labors at a time and she has me doing all of them. All the computer charting, everything. Then when it comes time for the actual delivery she pushes me out of the way and does it. Yep, lots of frustration on my end. I am off labors now and still scared to death of doing it by myself. Hope it gets easier : )
Back to top Go down
https://nursesof07.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

overwhelmed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: overwhelmed?   overwhelmed? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

overwhelmed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GCCC 2007 Nurses :: GENERAL DISCUSSION-
Jump to: